EE-329-F MICROPROCESSORS AND INTERFACING LAB
List of Experiments:-
1. Study of 8085 Microprocessor kit.
2. Write a program using 8085 and verify for :
a. Addition of two 8-bit numbers.
b. Addition of two 8-bit numbers (with carry).
3. Write a program using 8085 and verify for :
a. 8-bit subtraction (display borrow)
b. 16-bit subtraction (display borrow)
4. Write a program using 8085 for multiplication of two 8- bit numbers by repeated addition method. Check for minimum number of additions and test for typical data.
5. Write a program using 8085 for multiplication of two 8- bit numbers by bit rotation method and verify.
6. Write a program using 8085 for division of two 8- bit numbers by repeated subtraction method and test for typical data.
7. Write a program using 8085 for dividing two 8- bit numbers by bit rotation method and test for typical data.
8. Study of 8086 microprocessor kit
9. Write a program using 8086 for division of a defined double word (stored in a data segment) by another double Word division and verify.
10. Write a program using 8086 for finding the square root of a given number and verify.
11. Write a program using 8086 for copying 12 bytes of data from source to destination and verify.
12. Write a program using 8086 and verify for:
a. Finding the largest number from an array.
b. Finding the smallest number from an array.
13. Write a program using 8086 for arranging an array of numbers in descending order and verify.
14. Write a program using 8086 for arranging an array of numbers in ascending order and verify.
15. Write a program for finding square of a number using look-up table and verify.
16. Write a program to interface a two digit number using seven-segment LEDs. Use 8085/8086 microprocessor and 8255 PPI.
17. Write a program to control the operation of stepper motor using 8085/8086 microprocessor and 8255 PPI.
EE-309-F Microprocessors and Interfacing
THE 8085 PROCESSOR :
ntroduction to microprocessor, 8085 microprocessor : Architecture, instruction set, interrupt structure, and Assembly language programming.
THE 8086 MICROPROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE :
Architecture, block diagram of 8086, details of sub-blocks such as EU, BIU; memory segmentation and physical address computations, program relocation, addressing modes, instruction formats, pin diagram and description of various signals
INSTRUCTION SET OF 8086 :
Instruction execution timing, assembler instruction format, data transfer instructions, arithmetic instructions, branch instructions, looping instructions, NOP and HLT instructions, flag manipulation instructions, logical instructions, shift and rotate instructions, directives and operators, programming examples.
INTERFACING DEVICE :
8255 Programmable peripheral interface, interfacing keyboard and seven segment display, 8254 (8253) programmable interval timer, 8259A programmable interrupt controller, Direct Memory Access and 8237 DMA controller.
TEXT BOOKS :
1. Microprocessor Architecture, Programming & Applications with 8085 : Ramesh S Gaonkar; Wiley Eastern Ltd.
2. The Intel Microprocessors 8086- Pentium processor : Brey; PHI
1. Microprocessors and interfacing : Hall; TMH
2. The 8088 & 8086 Microprocessors-Programming, interfacing,Hardware & Applications :Triebel & Singh; PHI
3. Microcomputer systems: the 8086/8088 Family: architecture, Programming & Design : Yu-Chang Liu & Glenn A Gibson; PHI.
4. Advanced Microprocessors and Interfacing : Badri Ram; TMH