Benefits of ISTE Membership
- A Member of a National Professional Organisation.
- Joined an academic Fraternity of over 45,000 strong professional.
- Preference to attend short-term training programme for the academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities.
- Getting bi-monthly Newsletter.
- Quarterly Indian journal of Technical Education (at concessional rates).
- Many more publications for Self Development,Institution Development,etc.( at concessional rates).
- Eligible to participate in Chapter level,Section level and Natinal Navel Conferences,Workshops and other activities of your academic interest etc.
The membership categories are:
I. Life Time Membership
ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP
Bye-Laws 2 (ii) and (iii) of the Society read as under:
(ii) Life Membership
a) A person who satisfies the eligibility critera as mentioned in clause 2 (iii) may become a life member of ISTE by paying the admissible Life Membership fee as decided from time to time, by the Executive Council.
(iii) Membership : Eligibility Criteria:
a) Any person of Indian Origin or a foreign National holding a University Degree/Diploma or an equivalent qualification and who is/had been employed on the teaching faculty of a recognised technical institution; or a person having a technical academic qualification working in a Technical/Research Institute is ELIGIBLE for Membership
b) Application for membership shall be made on the prescribed form of the Society.
c) Application for Membership shall be recommended by a Life Member of the Society.
d) Such application shall be approved the Executive Council or by an Office Bearer of the Society authorized by the Executive Council for this purpose before the membership is approved.
e) The Executive Council shall bave the power to refuse admission to any applicant without assigning any reason.
II. Institutional Membership
The Executive Council or an office bearer of the Society authorized by the Executive Council for this purpose, may on application in the prescribed form admit recognized Institutions of the following categories as Institutional Members:
- Universities, University Departments, Colleges, Institutes and Polytechnics offering courses in Technical Education in India or abroad at levels of Diploma/Degree.
- Engineering and Technological research institutes in India or abroad.
- Industrial and Professional Organisations in India or abroad having specific and active interest in Technical Education in India.
- Departments of Central and State Governments, Statutory Bodies and Autonomous Bodies that have an interest in Technical Education.
- The Executive Council shall have power to refuse admission to any applicant without assigning any reason.
III. Student Membership
Eligibility for Student Membership
a.Any student (of full time/part-time course) enrolled in an AICTE approved Technical institution is eligible for student membership.
b.Application for membership shall be made on the prescribed form of the Society.
c. Every application for membership shall be recommended by the Head of Institute/Faculty Advisor of the ISTE Students Chapter concerned, collectively.
d.The executive council shall have the power to refuse admission to any applicant without assigning any reason.
e. Student Membership forwarded through ISTE chapters will only be entertained.
f. Faculty Advisor/Student Chapters are requested to forward students forms in bulk with a combined DD in favour of ISTE, New Delhi at a time. Pl. avoid sending forms individually. Kindly collect form at a time and draw a single DD then Send it to ISTE.
g. Minimum strength to establish ISTE student chapter in AICTE approved institution is 200 students or 75% of annual intake at a time provided institute is institutional member of ISTE first.
The Membership Fee for various categories is given below:
1. Institutional Membership Fees
|Degree Level Institution imparting various programmers for 4 years universities etc.||Rs.35,000/-|
|Stand alone PG Level institutions viz. MCA, MBA etc. offering two years course||Rs.25,000/-|
|Diploma Level institution (3 years course)||Rs.10,100/-|
2. Life Membership Fees :
3. ISTE Faculty Chapter
All AICTE approved institutions offering degree in engineering & technology/pharmacy/arch./HMCT/MBA & MCA etc. are eligible to establish ISTE Faculty Chapter provided they are institutional member of ISTE. Similarly diploma level polytechnics duly appoved by DTEs are also eligible if they are institutiona member of ISTE. Minimum faculty (life members) required for forming ISTE Chapter is 25 (twenty five).
4. ISTE Student Chapter
ISTE Students Chapter can be established in any recognised institution offering Degree & Diploma Level Courses in Engineering & Technology/Pharmacy/Arch./HMCT/MBA-MCA etc. provided the institute is a Institutional Member of ISTE.
- The student membership shall be valid from 1st June of admission year to 30th June of last year of course.
- Minimum strength to establish ISTE Students Chapter is 200 students or 75% of the annual students intake whichever is less.
- The list of the students should be send in a soft copy alongwith a single DD of the total amount collected initially in the first year.
5. Student Membership Fees
|Degree Level (4 years)||Rs.200/-|
|Institution offering 5 years dual degree course/B.Arch. etc.||Rs.250/-|
|Diploma Level (3 years)/MCA||Rs.150/-|
|MBA (2 years)||Rs.100/-|
Mode of Payment
Only through DD drawn in favour of ISTE, payable at New Delhi. The Membership forms and for more details please visit "www.isteonline.in". Filled in application forms should be sent to the ISTE Hqrs. directly
Student Membership Fees
1st Year 200 Rs
2nd Year 150 Rs
3rd Year 100 Rs
4th Year 50 Rs
ISTE Application Form Link: