Pioneer-e-Solutions (P) Ltd
Central Plan Scheme Management System(CPSMS)
Project Manager Name:
Mr. Puneet Sharma
Project Manager mail id(Official):
Brief about the Project
About Project :-
In 2008-09 Hon'ble Finance Minister announced the establishment of Central Plan Schemes Monitoring System to provide comprehensive Decision Support and Management Information to various Scheme managers responsible for administering Plan Schemes. Since then the scope of CPSMS has been enlarged to cover direct payment to beneficiaries both under selected Plan and non-Plan Schemes. Today several Scheme managers are using CPSMS to directly credit the bank accounts of implementing agencies and beneficiaries.
CPSMS is also being used in several Schemes covered under the recent initiative of Direct Benefit Transfer.
What is CPSMS :-
The Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System (CPSMS) is a Central Sector Plan Scheme of the Planning Commission which is being implemented by the Office of Controller General of Accounts in partnership with National Informatics Centre. The scheme has established a common transaction-based on-line fund management and payment system and MIS for the Plan Schemes of Government of India. The platform has now been extended to State Governments for effecting payments of plan funds received directly at the State Treasuries.
CPSMS has operationalized an active interface with 90 banks (26 Public Sector Banks, 59 Regional Rural Banks and 5 major Private Sector Banks) to provide immediate validation of bank accounts, prompt electronic credit to the beneficiary's bank account and bank reconciled expenditure statements to the implementing agencies.
With 139 Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS) and more than 800 Central Sector Schemes (CS), along with State Plans and Additional Central Assistance (ACA), the CPSMS is managing funds in excess of Rs.3,00,000 crore annually. The system is geared for fund management and e-payments for Plan/non-Plan Schemes of the Government of India and report utilization under these schemes at different levels of implementation on a real time basis.
- Establishment of an efficient fund management system:
- Disburse funds from the Central Civil Ministries to States / Special Purpose Vehicles (societies) / Autonomous bodies / NGOs.
- Effect payments to ultimate beneficiaries of the Schemes, including Aadhaar based payments though National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Disburse payment and maintain a record of component-wise fund disbursement from Special Purpose Vehicles (societies) / Autonomous bodies / NGOs to subsequent implementing agencies and individual beneficiaries in the States/UTs.
- Establishment of an effective expenditure information network:
- Maintain a centralized database of all implementing agencies administering various Schemes at Centre / State /District /Block / Panchayat/Village level and managing government funds.
- Report on details of beneficiaries receiving payments, including details of Aadhaar based payments, geographical location, total Scheme-wise amounts received etc.
- Capture activity-wise/component-wise fund utilization by implementing agencies at various levels under various Schemes of Government of India.
- Provision of financial services in an integrated manner including a validated bank reconciled statement on utilization of funds to all implementing agencies.
- Reforms in the area of Public Financial Management:
- Move from the prevailing prescriptive fund release system to ‘just in time' fund release, minimizing float with the banks thereby leading to better cash management.
- Transition from a credit push (a-priori release of funds to various implementing agencies) to debit pull based fund transfer system in which a debit to central pool is triggered only when payment instructions are issued on the system by implementing agencies.
- Progressing from the current system of booking fund releases as ‘expenditure' to a system of booking fund releases as ‘transfers' and actual utilization reported from the implementing agencies as ‘expenditure'.
- Providing on-line status of fund utilization on a real time basis, both for the funds devolved through the Treasury route and SPV route, leading to a better Decision Support System for Plan schemes.