"Asset Management System"
"Maruti Suzuki Pvt. Ltd."
Submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirement
for the award of the degree
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
Under the Guidance of :- Submitted By:-
Mr. Anand Kumar Sahu Sumeet Singh
(Mentor of the Program) Roll No.- 14101
Maruti Suzuki Pvt. Ltd.
Dronacharya College ofEngineering
The main goal of the project is managing all the Systems(Assets) in the company which may be PC, Laptop or Tablets. It includes creating Oracle forms which are connected to the Oracle Database through Oracle PL-SQL. It manages all the details of the employees and the assets which are assigned to them. It also takes care of whether an asset which was assigned to any employee is in use or not. For this, a mail regarding the confirmation of its use will be sent automaticaaly to each employee.If the system gets no response of that mail the system will be deassigned automatically. Oracle PL-SQL is also be used to have security in the project to avoid external access in the database.
The linear sequential model suggests a systematic sequential approach to software development that begins at the system level and progress through analysis, design, coding, testing and maintenance. The linear sequential model and encompasses the following activities:
- System Engineering- system engineering encompasses requirements gathering at system level with a small amount of top level design analysis.
- Analysis- the requirement gathering process is defined and focused specifically on the software to understand the nature of the program, the software engineer must understand the information domain for the software, as well as requirement function performance and interface.
- Design- software design is actually a multi step process that focuses on four distinct attributes of the program, data structure, software architecture, interface representation and procedural detail. The design process translates requirement into a representation of the software that can be accessed for quality before coding begins
- Coding- the design must be translated into a mashie readable form. The coding step performs this task. If the design is performed in a detailed manner, code generation can be accomplished mechanistically.
- Maintenance- software will undergo changes after it is delivered to customer. Change will occur because errors have been encountered or because software must be adapted to accommodate changes in its external environment or the customers requires functional or performance enhancements. Maintenance applies each of the preceding phases to the existing rather than a new one.
System requirement specification
There are two types of requirement that the system should posses
Understanding the requiremets specification is critical for project's success otherwise the system does not get developed according to the ustomers wishes.
- The system should be independent of the type of database used.
- Response should be fast .
- High throughput.
- Security should be high so that nobody can tamper with data.
- The access of the system should be traceable to identify who are the users of the system and
When they last logged into the system.
Here Administratior will do following jobs :-
- They can create new user and password.
- They can update category information.
User will do following jobs
They can register and fill up basic information
- Existing users can update their basic information etc.
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE REQUIREMENT
- PROCESSOR INTEL P4 or above
- RAM 500 MB and above
- Cache 256 KB and above
- Input device mouse or keyboard
- Operating system Windows XP, 7, 8
- Database Oracle Database !)g or 11g
ENTITY RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAM
The entity relationship model is a high level data model.It is based on a perception of a real world that consists of a collection of basic objects , called entities , and of relationship among these objects.It was developed to facilitate database design by allowing specification of an enterprise schema,which represent the overall logical structure of a database.
An entity is an object that has its existence in the real world.It includes all those "things" about which data is collected.An entity may be a tangible object such as a student,a place or a part.It may also be non-tangible such as an event ,a job title or a customer buys goods,it means customer and goods are entities.
Digrammatically,entities are represented in rectangles.
2.An Entity Set: It is a set of entities of the same type that share the same properties ,or attributes. all persons who are cutomers at a given bank,example,can be defined as the entity set customer.
Attributes are units that describe the characteristics or properties of entities.In a database, entities are represented by tables and attributes by columns. For example, a customer entity might have numerous attributes such as code, name and addresses. Similarly, the goods entity may have