ABOUT Virtual Labs
V-Lab is an initiative taken by Human Resource Development (MHRD) under the National Mission on Education through ICT (NMEICT) .V-Lab provides remote-access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars. V-lab enthuse students to conduct experiments by arousing their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation. It provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self-evaluation. V-lab share costly equipment and resources, which are otherwise available to limited number of users due to constraints on time and geographical distances.
DRONACHARYA GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS designated as Nodal Center for Virtual Labs on 08 Sept'2014.
Broad Areas of Virtual Labs
- Electronics & Communications
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
Virtual Lab provides to the students the result of an experiment by one of the following methods (or possibly a combination)
- Modeling the physical phenomenon by a set of equations and carrying out simulations to yield the result of the particular experiment. This can, at-the-best, provide an approximate version of the ‘real-world' experiment.
- Providing measured data for virtual lab experiments corresponding to the data previously obtained by measurements on an actual system.
- Remotely triggering an experiment in an actual lab and providing the student the result of the experiment through the computer interface. This would entail carrying out the actual lab experiment remotely.